Wednesday, November 26, 2003


Shopping Serendipity

Many interesting things can be found while looking for something completely unrelated, and I can no longer remember what it was I was looking for to begin with, thanks to Petticoat Pond - a site for those of us who adore petticoats, crinolines and any kind of bouffant fashion (Poufbunnies). The gallery of men dressed in ultra-feminine clothing is a sight to behold, though they now have a special gallery for women too. Some of the pin-ups are terrifying, others remind me of Lea Delaria's comments about Ru Paul - looking far better in a frock than I ever do.

But help is at hand. Normally, I ignore ads on web sites, but the petticoat I bought in Toronto has whetted my appetite and I want more! I had to look at Petticoat Dreams. They indeed have a full range of glamourous underskirts in sizes that fit me, and at prices well below what I paid in Toronto. They'll even do the bridal petticoats in black, and bags to keep them in. And they're based in Edinburgh.

No comments: